KOKOMO, Ind. – Solidarity Community Federal Credit Union will start accepting applications for the 2023 scholarship program with $13,000 in awards available on Saturday, April 1st. Established in 2021, our scholarship awards will include current college students, high school graduating seniors and individuals enrolled/enrolling into a skilled trade program or vocational training school.
At least two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to students active in or planning to attend a trade school. Students in Cass, Carroll and Miami Counties are eligible.
The criteria for the Solidarity Scholarships are as follows:
• Must be a member of Solidarity at the time the application is submitted. Accounts must be in good standing as of the application deadline.
• No GPA score requirement.
• Must be enrolling or enrolled into a 2 or 4-yr accredited university or a vocational-technical school/skilled trades for the entire year 2022-2023.
• Must submit copies of transcripts or documentation from high school or college. A GED is also applicable. These transcripts should include all the courses taken or taking, and the grades and credits from each course. The transcript must be stamped by the school/program and have an official signature.
• Must include with application why you chose the course of study that you have indicated outlining goals, aspirations, college, or vocational-technical school/skilled trades and career plans. 250 words.
• Must provide a detailed essay of 250 words or less on “When you further your education, what Solidarity products do you plan to use and why?
• If for some reason awarded candidate of scholarship fails to fulfill the agreement of the scholarship, a repayment will be required to Solidarity Community FCU within 90 days of notice of cancellation of university enrollment, or vocational-technical school/skilled trades program.
The deadline to submit scholarship applications is April 30, 2023.
Scholarship applications can be filled out online here: Solidarity Scholarships for Kokomo & Member Areas (solfcu.org), or students can pick up a hard copy at both Solidarity locations during regular business hours. For those not using the online form, email application and supporting docs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for scholarship submission is on or before (April 30, 2023). Any incomplete or applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed.
About Solidarity Community Federal Credit Union
Solidarity Community Federal Credit Union has two locations in Kokomo to serve Howard, Tipton, Clinton, Miami, Cass, Carroll, and White Counties. Solidarity offers financial services including checking, savings, mortgages, personal loans and more. Since its founding by Delco Electronics employees in 1954, Solidarity has been invested in the communities it serves. Learn more at SOLFCU.org.
SOURCE: News release from Solidarity Community Federal Credit Union