Delphi, Indiana – In the early days and months of the Delphi Murder investigation information was developed about suspect descriptions. It was initially believed the sketch that has been in public view over the last two years of a person in the age range of his 40’s to 50’s was a person of interest in this murder investigation. Now, as the investigation has matured and past information has been reassessed, it is the belief of investigators with the Multi-Agency Task Force that the person depicted in the sketch released on April 22nd more accurately represents the person wanted for the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.
It is important to distinguish these points about the two sketches:
- They are not the same person
- The person depicted in the originally released sketch is not presently a person of interest in this investigation
- The sketch released on April 22nd is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge
- The person in the sketch released April 22nd is described as having a youthful appearance, but could fall in the age range from his 20’s to late 30’s
- This person’s appearance could look different today if he has grown a mustache, beard or let his hair grow longer or cut his hair shorter than depicted in the sketch
Members of the Delphi community should reflect back on people they know in the community that look similar to the sketch released on April 22nd, especially if that person has changed their appearance since the murders occurred in February of 2017.
SOURCE: News release from Indiana State Police
UPDATE FROM INDIANA STATE POLICE ON APRIL 23, 2019:
Delphi, IN – The Multi-Agency Task Force is providing the below points of clarification after yesterday’s informational news conference.
- A car was parked in the abandoned CPS building parking lot between the hours of noon and 5:00 p.m. on February 13, 2017
- We are looking for anyone who could give a description of vehicles that were in the parking lot during the time
- The location of the abandoned CPS building was 6931 West 300 North, Delphi, IN
- The building has since been demolished and the lot is vacant
Multi-Agency Task Force is seeking tips and information about how the
subject depicted in the sketch is linked to the Delphi area.
- The Task Force is not asking for investigative suggestions
- Tips on the suspect sketch are our main interest
- When sending a tip to the firstname.lastname@example.org email address, please do not leave just a name and number to call
- Provide specific tip information in your email
- Please include your name and contact phone number
- This is for investigators to follow up if they need clarification on your tip
- Your contact information will remain confidential
Since 12:30 p.m, April 22nd, the Multi-Agency Task Force has received:
- More than 800 email tips
- Over 150 phone tips to the tip line
- More than 50 tips phoned directly to police agencies that are part of the task force
- Tips not sent to the email address or to the 800 tip line may not be forwarded to the task force in a timely manner.
The telephone Tip Line is (844) 459-5786. Tips are also accepted by the Indiana State Police at (800) 382-7537, or by the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department at (765) 564-2413.